1. Dr. Kevin Billups, among the nation's most respected specialists in Men's Sexual Medicine, brings his vision for innovative, highly effective care to the practice and 25 years of experience.
2. We partner closely with primary care providers and other specialists to ensure the underlying causes and symptoms are well managed to lead to the best outcomes for patients.
3. We believe in close communication with fellow providers and specialists. That includes a commitment to communicating with them within a 24-hour time period after seeing a mutual patient.
4. We provide thorough evaluations and work-ups via questionnaires, including a patient's medical history, surgical history, medications, allergies, social history, family history, sexual history, nutrition history, fitness history, in-depth review of symptoms, physical examination, vital signs, blood work, and male genito-urinary (GU) work-up.
5. We take the time to help our patients understand their sexual health status and treatment options, including drug-to-drug interactions or contraindications that could negatively impact their treatment.
6. We believe that nutrition and exercise are important components of both sexual health and general health so we work closely with patients to help them take positive steps to improve their diets and appropriate level of physical activity.
7. We take a preventive medicine approach that focuses on treating "the reason" for a condition-not the "quick fix."
8. Our team consists of a Physician (Urologist) Physician's Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, Medical Assistant, Lab Technician, and Nutritionist. We can also refer patients to Personal Trainers, Sex Counselors or Therapists, as are appropriate.
9. We appreciate that patients may end up spending thousands of dollars on treatments that may not be necessary. We do our best to ensure that medications and procedures are covered by patients' health insurance providers, when medications or procedures are necessary.
10. We see other specialists and providers as our partners and are committed to sharing educational resources with them, including protocols of care related to medications, nutrition, physical activity, surgical, and rehabilitation options.